EP Committee on Fisheries - PECH
EBCD follows closely the works of the European Parliament Committee on Fisheries (PECH
Committee) by participating to all its meetings and hearings and providing detailed reports .
The Committee on Fisheries is responsible, in a co-decision procedure with the European Commission and the Council, for:
- the operation, development and management of the common fisheries policy;
- the conservation of fishery resources;
- the common organisation of the market in fishery products;
- structural policy in the fisheries and aquaculture sectors, including the financial instruments for fisheries guidance;
- international fisheries agreements.
The President of the PECH is MEP Gabriel Mato Adrover (Spain, EPP).