Fisheries and Aquaculture Newsletter
The Fisheries and Aquaculture newsletter is a monthly bulletin aiming at providing a comprehensive overview of the main issues debated at the EU level in the field of fisheries and aquaculture.
The editorial, written by Director Despina Symons, introduces the most critical issue of the month in terms of fisheries political development and provides an analysis according to EBCD’s principles.
The Newsletter is usually divided into:
1. The main body of the newsletter contains articles describing the proposals adopted by the European Commission and the main decisions taken either by the European Parliament, either by the Council, always reporting the different positions of the various stakeholders.
2. In “the interview of the month” EBCD is honoured to report each month the opinion of an outstanding scientist, a politician or an official in the fisheries sector.
3. The section dedicated to “conferences” sums up the contents and the outcomes of the main seminars and events in the field that are held in Brussels.
4. A summary and analysis of the last EU report on fisheries and aquaculture issues.
5. The last pages list the upcoming events at the EU level and at the international level.
You can read our last Newsletter in the "News" section.