EBCD follows closely the works of the European Parliament Committee on Fisheries (PECH Committee) by participating to all its meetings and hearings and providing detailed reports. The Committee on Fisheries is responsible, in a co-decision procedure with the European Commission and the Council, for:
- the operation, development and management of the common fisheries policy
- the conservation of fishery resources
- the common organisation of the market in fishery products
- structural policy in the fisheries and aquaculture sectors, including the financial instruments for fisheries guidance
- international fisheries agreements.
The President of the PECH committee is MEP Alain Cadec (France, EPP).