Online Event: Circular Economy: Are we delivering?
Circular Economy: Are we delivering?
22 March 2021 – 16h to 17h45 CET
Recyclers’ Talks #1
Moving towards a circular economy and climate neutrality is a must. Yet, delivering on these objectives require more than simply ambitious targets but effective measures to transition towards a greener and more resilient industry. Recycling plays a key role by closing the loop and thus saving both valuable resources and substantial amount of greenhouse gas emissions. Join Recyclers Talks #1 to discuss what needs to be done to deliver on Europe’s Green Agenda.
AGENDA OF THE EVENT
Keynote Opening Interventions with Q&As from the audience (16h00 – 16h30)
- Cinzia VEZZOSI, President of EuRIC – Opening Words
- Maria SPYRAKI, Member of the European Parliament, Co-Chair of the European Parliament Intergroup on ‘Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’
- Mattia PELLEGRINI, Head of Unit, DG Environment, Waste Management and Secondary Materials, European Commission
Panel Discussion with Q&As from the audience (16h30 – 17h35)
- Catherine CHABAUD, Member of the European Parliament
- Stephane ARDITI, Director of Policy Integration and Circular Economy, EEB
- Emmanuel KATRAKIS, Secretary General of EuRIC
- Olivier FRANCOIS, Director for Development of the Galloo Group, Vice President of EuRIC
- Hans van de NES, President of EuRIC Paper Recycling Branch
Concluding remarks (17h35 – 17h45)
- Jan HUITEMA, Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur for the own-initiative Report on the new Circular Economy Action Plan
The event will be moderated by Kira TAYLOR, Journalist @ EURACTIV